Wednesday, January 27, 2010

More Hawaii pics...

This is Hanauma Bay, a nature preserve where we went snorkeling. You can see the coral in the water. Just feet off of the shore there are all kinds of fish swimming with you. We didn't see any turtles or Humuhumunukunukuapuaa (you know, Hawaii's state fish), but they are there also.


This is a whale part, we saw a mother and baby whale on our
tour.


This is a nuclear submarine that we also saw on the whale watching tour.


There are tons of Banyan trees all over the island. The roots grow down, like vines until they plant themselves into the ground. They can be massive! There is a tree in Lahaina, Hawaii that covers two thirds of an acre (we did not go there).


Rebecca and I at the Polynesian Cultural Center

2 comments:

Mike and Jenn said...

So, yep, I'm pretty jealous right about now. It sounds like you had a lot of fun (I still think you could have smuggled me in one of your suitcases...). I'm glad you went and had a fun time. I'll have to call you and get more details. Post more pics, if you have one...especially the one of you doing the hula...Brooke wants to learn how (her class is having a Hawaiian themed party on Friday). Any tips?

Cheryl Winkel said...

I, too, am jealous. I would love to spend the whole day on a sun drenched beach just playinging in the water, building sand castles and soaking up the sun. What a great trip and such a great husband to do that for you.