Friday, March 19, 2010

What did the dad tomato say to the baby tomato, who was falling behind?

"Ketchup"
Ha ha, well I thought it was funny! So, anyways, this is a catch up post.

In Jan. we went to Chuckee Cheese.


In Feb. we made rainbow pancakes....

And we celebrated a few birthdays with Texas Sheet Cake, pumpkin cookies,
cake balls, and frosting shots!!

Ridge is working on his spoon skills.....
Jason is still working in Idaho Falls, the drive is getting really old, but we all do what we have to do. Kyler is doing amazing in school, he is active in scouts, and is reading like crazy! Seriously on the reading, for March, he has already read over 1000 minutes! He is a great helper with Ridge which helps me out tons. Max is doing very well in school, and is excited to start scouts next month. He is always building something with legos or knex, or drawing, or has some sort of crafty project going on. Ridge is growing and learning new things all the time. He loves animals.....from a safe distance, he is terrified of them up close. He loves to see birds, or "quacks" as he calls them. He's not talking so much, but is an expert on grunting to tell us what he wants. We are working on words.....it's probably easier than the mind reading we are currently using. I have been baking A LOT! We've tried creme brulee (way easy and delish), tons of cake balls (way too many!), chocolate marshmallow cake (thanks to Dana), and the occasional actual meal.

6 comments:

Dalling Family said...

I love that last picture of Ridge! I bet Kyler can out read me. Your kids are so smart! I want the creme brulee recipe and any others that are easy that you would like to share - post it on yummy yummy or something please. :o)

Dalling Family said...

okay so I better clarify - I love all the pictures but the one I was refering to was the last of the ch. cheeses.
And rainbow pancakes? wow that's neat. maybe one day I will be that adventurous. (I just think of all the extra mess that might make.)

Theresa said...

Katie, the pancakes were a huge mess!! And I hate messes in the kitchen.....but the boys had fun, and I'm learning to chill a bit.

Mike and Jenn said...

So, I thought I'd left a comment, but I didn't see it appear, so if I end up doing a duplicate comment, sorry.

I just said it was fun seeing the different things you've been up to. You must have a lot more ambition than I do right now. It will be fun to see you guys again in a little over a week!

Andrea said...

You know what's funny? I was just reading everybody's post titles on my sidebar & the blog that is underneath yours...her title is "Catch up." LOL You guys planned it didn't you?
Sorry I didn't get to see you when we were in Boise. It was plum crazy...I left with the a big headache & sleepy eyes. Anywho, hope you guys are doing well. :)

Los Tweets said...

hey you! i just found your blog...i didn't know you had one. facebook let me in on the little secret. your boys are so cute, i can't believe that mine are going to be that big some day. i have a blog too, the address is posted on my facebook.